Saturday, January 12, 2008

Day 83 : Bag of Tricks

Sadie -

You got to visit Red Lobster for the first time tonight. This is one of your mom's favorite restaurants and it was full of people this evening. We waited for a table for over half an hour and you were getting hungry. A little girl who was probably two or three kept coming over to look at you in your car seat. When it was time to feed you, I took you out of the seat and handed you to mom who was sitting down a few steps away. I turned back and put your diaper bag into your seat, only to look up and see the small girl who had been watching you, staring at me with a look of horror on her face. Her grandmother smiled when she realized what her granddaughter was thinking and then reached down and patted her, encouraging her to look over a few seats to where you and mom were. She thought I had stuck that heavy diaper bag on top of you! I smiled and reassured her that you were okay!

I can imagine that soon will be the day that you will be just as inquisitive about things!

- Dad

No comments: