Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Day 94 : Growing Fast!

Sadie -

As weird as this may sound, it seems the girl I put back in her crib after feeding this morning and the girl I came home to this afternoon are two different kids!

I mean this, of course, in the best of ways, but your mom agrees - today has been a developmental milestone.

First, you've really started to follow with your eyes and communicate with your glance. When I walked through the door this evening, you made it very clear with body language that you were excited about my arrival and wanted to spend time with me.

Second, you ate more rice tonight than you have yet. The doctor acted as if the transitioning to eating solids would take weeks and weeks. You have adapted proficiently.

Third, you are really starting to talk in your own baby way. Your mom changed your diaper tonight and got you so excited that I could hear you cooing across the house. It is so neat to hear you developing your own voice.

I am excited about all this progress, but already get a little misty thinking about how fast it is all happening. Mom pulled out old video and pictures of you from your first week home today and you look so much different already!

I love watching you grow!

- Dad

No comments: