Sunday, October 21, 2007

Day -5 : Video Games

Sadie -

I know that in a few years this may seem hard to believe, but your mom and I really enjoy playing the occasional videogame. This weekend we've been playing a game on the Nintendo Wii called "Brain Academy." Your mom is getting quite good. In fact, the game just said she now has the brain of a "historian" (whatever that means?!?)

I just got home from spending a half hour at my favorite store in the whole city, Half-Price Books and Music. You'll know about it soon enough because it is hard for me to go an entire week without spending a little time there. I got an old Radiohead CD. It is really funny for me to think that when you get older, you are probably going to think Radiohead is really lame and "old." That's okay. I still think the Rolling Stones are a bit overrated. And they are DEFINITELY old!

As for the rest of today, your mom and I spent most of it sleeping, eating, and fielding questions about when you are going to show up! (I am sure you are getting tired of hearing about that, but it should make you realize HOW MANY people are excited about YOU!)

Your "Uncle" Brad and "Aunt" Cassie from Little Rock have been in France for the last two weeks and just got back home yesterday. They called this afternoon convinced that you must already be born. Your "Uncle" Tim called today, too, to find out when you might arrive.

We are all eagerly awaiting the day you are going to show up, but don't be scared. We'll love you no matter what, just because you are YOU! That is cool, huh?

I am now going to join your mom at "Brain Academy." Since she is now "historian," I should probably try to rank higher than "garbage man"!

I love you! Be good.

- Dad

No comments: