Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 297 : Blanket Statement

Sadie -

I am flattered that you find me to be so reassuring and secure. When you get really tired in the evening, just before bed, you become adamant that I am the only one around. Tonight, I tried to let mom put you down to sleep, but you wouldn't have it. You cried and squirmed. But as soon as I entered the room, gave you your favorite blanket and put you on my shoulder - you fell asleep so fast you literally couldn't keep your head up! It kept slipping off my shoulder because it was so heavy with sleep.

It is humbling to mean so much to you. One day you'll find out that I am not perfect and that I can't protect you from everything. But I will always do my best to provide whatever peace and security I can. I promise.

- Dad

No comments: