Saturday, August 16, 2008

Day 302 : Pupupupupawooough

Sadie -

You, "Uncle" Tim, your mom, and I all went out to lunch this afternoon to a place called Mark's Feed Store. You loved the meat from Mom's sandwich and the french fries I gave you. You spent the entire 45 minutes we were in the restaurant quietly eating and enjoying yourself. You made very little noise other than the occasional murmur when you smiled at one of us to show how much you liked your lunch.

As we were walking out of the restaurant, I overheard one of the wait staff turn to another and say, "That is the most polite and cutest baby I have ever seen!"

This made me so happy! I hugged you close as we entered the parking lot, and told you how proud I was to have you as my daughter. I held you out as I finished saying this and you looked at me in the sunlight. There was a pause as I admired you.

Then you blew all the air you could muster through your lips making a loud "raspberry" sound.

"Pupupupupawoooough!!"

It was as if you were getting out all of the energy and noise you'd been storing up over the last hour.

Your mom and "Uncle" Tim and I all fell into a fit of laughter.

- Dad

No comments: