Friday, August 22, 2008

Day 308 : (real) Raspberries

Sadie -

You know when you blow a bunch of air between your lips and it makes that funny noise you like so much? Your mom and I call that a "raspberry." But a raspberry is actually a fruit - my favorite fruit, in fact. Your mom can't eat them because she is allergic (once, before you were born, she and I made smoothies with raspberries and she got big scary bumps all over her body...), but I could eat them everyday if I could afford the habit.

Your grandma (Dee Dee) was in the grocery this week and saw a big unannounced sale on raspberries, so when we went over to her house for dinner tonight, she surprised me with my own pint. I put a few on your tray and you went straight for them. (You love things that are red!)

I think raspberries may soon be one of your favorites, too. You ate quite a few from my pint.

That is okay! I can't think of anyone I'd rather share them with!

- Dad

No comments: