Friday, April 25, 2008

Day 189 : Shot in the Leg

Sadie Bug –

Today you had your six month check-up with the doctor. Mom and Dee Dee (Grandma E) picked you up early from school and took you to the special office where we went earlier this week when you were feeling sick. The doctor said you weigh almost 19 pounds now and stretch to 28 inches! You are a healthy girl.

They also gave you shots in the legs again to help you not get sick in the future. Mom said you handled the pain pretty well –especially considering that the doctor told her that the shots you got feel akin to adult Tetanus shots (which mom had a few years ago and said they hurt her really bad even then!) Your Grandma told me when I arrived home this afternoon that she left the band-aids over your shots so I could feel bad for you! It worked. I know those shots were for your own good, but I still hate that you had to be in pain.

- Dad

No comments: