Monday, April 28, 2008

Day 192 : Hand and Mouth

Sades –

We went over to your Grandma’s house tonight for your Uncle Steve’s birthday party. As the final touches were being put on the meal, you and I sat in the kitchen and I fed you your supper. You were hungry and quiet, consuming each bite rather quickly. You were not acting overly anxious or fussy, though.

As I was spooning up a bite for you, I got caught up in a conversation with your Aunt Amy. I had lifted the spoon out of the bowl and started towards your mouth when I got distracted. My hand paused in the air as I turned my head to talk to your Aunt.

All of the sudden I felt a strong pull on my spooning hand. I turned to see that you had silently lost your patience and taken matters into your own hands – literally. There you sat with both hands grabbed across the ladle of the spoon trying to pull it towards your mouth.

Everyone in the room that witnessed this doubled-over in laughter.
Way to go get-em, girl! Sorry I am so slow sometimes!!

- Dad

No comments: