Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Day 348 : Tango

Sadie -

This morning, you and I got ready for work and school and were waiting around for your mom. She was in the bathroom doing her make-up, so I, with you in my arms, started prancing up and down the hallway to get her attention. This quickly turned into me getting cheek to cheek with you and holding you arm out with mine, then taking two distinct steps at a time - a loose interpretation of a dance called "tango." Not only did mom find this funny, you thought it pretty hilarious - a big grin stayed on your face and you wouldn't even shift your head away from our cheek-to-cheek stance.

This afternoon, I walked into Dee Dee's (we were invited for dinner) and got two big declarations from your mom.

1) You had been huggin your Cousin Jasmine quite excitedly for the last few minutes and there were pics to prove it.

2) You fell on the hard tile at pre-school today and have a gigantic bruise above your right eyebrow.

It was hard for me to look at the bruise at first, imagining the pain that caused it. But I should probably buck up - you are going to face more than tough tile in your life, and much like today, I won't always be there to stop it.

I love you desperately.

- Dad

No comments: