Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day 354 : So(da) What?

Sades -

You have become quite the inquisitive explorer. We knew that once you got a handle on crawling you'd be into everything - and you are. But for the most part, you are learning to listen when your mom and I tell you that something is "not for you."

The last few nights I've cracked open a bottle of orange soda for myself to drink with dinner. Whenever you see the little bottle you get very excited, pointing and asking me to see it. I tell you that you are allowed to touch and thus explore the bottle, but you are not allowed to taste it. This arrangement is not really to your satisfaction, though, and I have had to end up hiding from you everytime I have needed a sip with the meal!

I will tell you that soda is quite the treat. You will probably notice as you grow that I drink quite a lot of those carbonated beverages. But you won't taste one for awhile.

I actually met a guy recently who told me he still doesn't drink any sodas as an adult because when he was young he kept trying to drink his mother's soda. She finally let him take a sip, and not anticipating the carbonation, he took such a big gulp it burned his throat and to this day he can barely go back to the beverage.

I wouldn't want that to happen to you...

- Dad

No comments: