Monday, February 18, 2008

Day 121 : Today and Tomorrow

Sadie -

You got up early with me this morning and I fed you rice pudding like we usually eat in the evening. As I was getting around for work, you laid on your blanket, content, and rotated your attention between me and various points throughout the room.

I turned the Today show on as I got around and they did a story on a victim of the shooting at an Illionois University last week. They talked to the parents of this girl and asked some really personal questions about how the family felt in the horrible aftermath of their 20-year-old daughter's death.

In the middle of this segment, I reached down to adjust the way you were laying, and you smiled big and cooed at me. Tears started to sting the back of my eyes instantly. I put my hand on you and prayed that nothing bad would ever happen to you - ever!

- Dad

No comments: