Thursday, February 28, 2008

Day 131 : Sing-Song

Sadie -

So this week I've started a new tradition: singing to you before I put you in your crib to go to sleep for the night.

The problem with this new situation is that I can't quite remember the words to some of the songs I try to sing you, so they end up like this:

"Hush Little Sadie, don't say a word.
Daddy is gonna buy you a mocking bird
And if that mocking bird don't sing
Daddy's gonna take it back to Wal-Mart
(Or probably have your Uncle Steve do it
because I hate confrontation...)"

OR...

"Hush Little Sadie, don't say a word
Daddy is never gonna buy you a mocking bird
Pets are overrated and pretty dumb
I'll buy you something else that doesn't shed and poop on the furniture..."

Maybe one day I'll learn the right words - or I might just start singing you Counting Crows songs as lullabies!


- Dad

No comments: