Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day 129 : Hams

Sadie –

You are learning about your hands (or as I call them when we clean them in the bathtub: your “hams”) and your choices.

I was alternating between rice cereal and squash while feeding you today. You used to like rice cereal, but since you’ve started on real solids, you have learned there are much tastier treats in the universe than the bland white stuff I’ve been feeding you.

This morning whenever I’d slip you a spoon of squash, you’d open wide and enjoy. But if you realized I had given you rice instead of squash – your hands came into the picture to push my hand away.

I had mom take video of you doing this. It is exciting – not because you are refusing to eat cereal, but because it shows your hand-eye coordination is getting quite good and your mental connection between your mind and your hands (and the effect the combination of the two can have) is even better!

- Dad

No comments: