Friday, February 22, 2008

Day 125 : Take a Shot

Sadie -

Today was your 4-month check-up, which meant, of course, - more shots!

You were out-of-sorts to begin with because you had just woken up and were hungry, plus you had a little bit of a fever due to your teething. The preliminaries of your visit were done quickly, but the nurse who was set to administer your shots got tied up with another patient before you, so you became more and more anxious as we waited for the inevitable. You were so worked up that I let you relax on my shoulder and even snooze a little. I have to say that I really enjoyed all of the snuggles you gave me while you rested!

Your mom asked me to stay with you and comfort you during the shots. She warned me that you would scream like I'd never heard before, and turn very red.

You did turn very red, but the screams weren't that bad. And after the shots were administered, I picked you up, and you quit crying almost immediately. Your mom says you made a liar our of her. I am just glad you find me so comforting.

- Dad

No comments: