Monday, February 25, 2008

Day 128 : Big News and Changes

Sadie -

Today we got some big news. Your mom has been offered a job with a great organization that helps people called the American Heart Association. Of course, the fact that she will soon be starting a job means that you will soon get the opportunity to spend your weekdays with new friends.

This is exciting in some ways. It means you'll most likely get to meet kids your own age and you can learn about new places and things. But it also makes your mom and I really sad. We'd love to stay home with you all the time. But as I wrote yesterday, as much as it is in my instinct to keep you away from everybody else, that is not reality - and it is not really healthy.

I am sure you will like this new situation on most days. You are normally so relaxed and easy-going, that I anticipate that the transition won't even be that hard on you. But if you notice your mom or me with wet faces over the next week, just ignore us.

On to lighter subjects...

To celebrate this new job, you, your mom, and I went out to dinner with our friends Michael and Maren. You are no stranger to Michael, but for some reason, you couldn't take your eyes off of him tonight. Even as I fed you, you kept your eyes in a dead-locked stare at Michael across the table. We joked that you like him because he has your haircut (you are both pretty bald...).

- Dad

No comments: