Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day 236 : Name Games

Sadie –

You remember how I have said that you often abruptly acquire skills. In the last few days, you have started to make noises that sound much more like a little girl and a lot less like a baby.

Mom was tickling your stomach as I was dressing you before bed tonight and you started to laugh – not even laugh really. It was like a real chuckle:

“aha ha huhhuh ha!”

Sometimes you will suddenly make a pronounced sound that comes out like,

“uh huh” or “nooo.”

But you still haven’t called me “da da” or your mother “ma ma.” (This is despite great efforts made on the part of your mother to get you used to hearing these words…)

I have a feeling that one day you will just abruptly, without any warning, get my attention by calling me “dad.”

That tends to be how you do things!

- Dad

No comments: