Saturday, June 21, 2008

Day 246 : Random Reminder and Thanks

Sadie -

You, your mom and I once again set out to see some yard sales this morning. We came across a large neighborhood sale, and happened up to a particular house where the woman who owned it seemed quite taken by you. She came up to you and talked to you and told your mom and I that she thought you were beautiful.

Mom thought this woman looked really familiar, but couldn't figure out where we might know her from.

"I work with babies," the woman said, "but I usually don't see any that are this big..."

I thought she must have mis-spoken. I figured she meant to say she usually didn't see babies this small. Mom asked the lady where she worked.

"Kosair Children's Hospital."

It suddenly all "clicked." We recognized this lady because she was one of your nurses when you were in the hospital after you were born! Mom almost cried. We told the lady that she once took care of you. She said she was sooo glad to see you healthy! We thanked the nurse for doing such good work!

- Dad

No comments: