Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Day 341 : Lasagna with Dee Dee

Sadie -

Your mom has another business trip this week, so it is just you and me again for a couple of days. (For the record: Mom isn't usually away on business so much. She has just had a busy month. And she really doesn't like being away from you AT ALL!)

Your Dee Dee called and asked us to come over for a lasagna dinner. It is always fun to feed you lasagna for two reasons:

1) You love it!
2) It requires you to practice (what I call) "full-immersion eating"

This just means you end up with food all over you by the end of the meal. You did this last night with the dish mom made and you did it tonight with lasagna. Sometimes I don't even put clothes on you before a meal like this.

You got so much lasagna on you that I put you in the bathtub over at your Grandma's house immediately after dinner. We scrubbed you down and got you all good-smelling again. Then I noticed on the way to the car that your face was still streaked with a faint red stain of tomato sauce!

I am glad you love to eat so much!

- Dad

No comments: