Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day 136 : Myths of You

Sadie -

I've been reflecting on the last four-plus months you have been alive and I realized this:

You are a pretty content child.
I assumed before you were born that you would cry alot. It is the stereotype. In movies, in songs, in conversation - babies are portrayed in a near-constant state of throat-searing sob. This is not the case with you. Maybe you are just an exception to the rule.

I also thought that after a few weeks I would become less impressed by you. I am not saying I ever planned on loving you less, I just figured the "new and cool" effect of having a cute baby would wear off. Turns out, this also has not proven itself true yet. Almost 20 weeks in, and I still find you as wonderful and awe-inspiring as I did the day you were born.

You are so special to me.

- Dad

No comments: