Thursday, March 27, 2008

Day 160 : Pizza and Chinese

Sadie –

Tonight we ate pizza with our friends Kiffin and Kristy and their kids, Luke and Kayla and Anna Grace. Luke and Kayla are 10 and 12 and have a book they like that is about the Chinese zodiac They started telling me about it tonight.

Basically, ancient Chinese philosophy and astrology say that there are certain cycles on the earth and that an individual’s personality is derived somewhat by which cycle he or she is born in.

Now this zodiac stuff is all speculation – I don’t believe it to be fact. But this conversation tonight turned into a discussion about common personality traits and birth years and during all of this, it was brought to my attention that you and I are born under the same Chinese zodiac sign! We are both the “Year of the Boar.” Our zodiac says we are social and don’t like fights or confrontations. It may be a little early to tell whether these characteristics are in you, but they are pretty much the two characteristics that define me!!

It is funny – I think the Chinese zodiac stuff is total baloney. Yet I am still really proud of the fact that, according to this baloney, you and I have something in common.

I guess I just like the idea that you and I are similar. Most people would probably just tell me to look in the mirror if I really needed some reassurance of this!!

- Dad

No comments: