Friday, March 14, 2008

Day 146 : Birthday

Sadie -

Today is my birthday. You'll find out firsthand how excited we get about birthdays in this family. We make them a pretty big deal.

I was phoned by the front desk of my office this afternoon and informed that I had gotten a special delivery. I went down to pick it up and found an office-sized garbage can full of junk food - chips, soda, candy bars - all wrapped in cellophane and topped with a bow. The girls at the front desk really wanted to know who it was from. I opened the card that was attached and read:

"Dad -
Happy birthday!
Thanks for being such a good dad and loving me so much.

Love,
Sadie (and Mom)"

So thanks for the really cool present!! I bragged about it to everyone I came into contact with for the rest of the day!

Your mom took me out for a special evening with friends tonight and you stayed with Grandma and Grandpa. When we got home from our night out, your mom and grandma decided to pull out my baby book for some reason. The "baby book" is a record that my mom kept when I was an infant that charted my growth and development. An interesting discovery was found in this research! According to this book, you are developing on almost the exact same timeline as I did! We both got first teeth around 3 months and weighed almost 18 pounds before our five-month mark. (Don't let rapid weight gain concern you. We also discovered in my baby book that I've gained only 90 pounds or so since I was 10 years old! Your mom thinks that is hilarious!)

The good news is that if you continue to develop like me you will always be devilishly handsome... JUST KIDDING... I hope you turn out much prettier than me! (You are already well on your way!)

Love ya! Thanks again for the birthday gift!

- Dad

No comments: