Saturday, March 15, 2008

Day 147 : Miracle Grow(ing)

Sadie -

I've been spending alot of time recently rolling around and wrestling with you as you begin to learn about crawling and how to use your arms and legs. As we do this, I often think "How could being a dad be more fun than this?" Here I am, getting to not only make you smile and laugh, but I get to personally teach you and help you learn how to walk and talk!

Wow... Now that I write that down and re-read it, it sounds less cool and a lot more scary! This is a lot of responsibility! - But I am loving being around you more everyday. It is amazing to watch you absorb your surroundings and draw conclusions and reactions based off of all this noise and color you are bombarded with.
I realize that this is how all people start - as tiny babies who must learn to cope in a chaotic environment. But being able to witness it firsthand with so much at stake - it now has much more significance and meaning.

I suddenly kind of sound like a hippie...

Just know that I love being part of your life!

- Dad

No comments: