Monday, March 17, 2008

Day 149 : Green

Sadie -

Your mom and I have been arguing recently - about green beans.

See I have been trying to feed you green beans at breakfast. The way I see it, I should teach you to get all of the bland but important parts of your day done as early as possible. This would include eating foods that might not be all that apetizing. This way, you would be garraunteed that your day could only get better. No matter what happens, at least you won't be eating green beens for lunch.

Now your mother sees this differently. She says that green beans have been set by God (or someone?!) as a food only allowable after 11 AM. She thinks that you having green beans for breakfast could not only start your day off wrong, but could ruin your day altogether.

I have learned to pick which arguments are worth continuing with your mother - this one is not!

I've started feeding you bananas and peaches and cereal for breakfast.
Tell your mom "thanks" when you get home from your hard day at pre-school tomorrow and have to eat a big plate of green beans!

- Dad

No comments: