Thursday, December 6, 2007

Day 46 : The Final Countdown

Sades -

While you were eating tonight, I put an episode of "Arrested Development" on TV. This, due to a reoccurring joke on the program, caused me to get an awful '80s metal song by a band called Europe stuck in my head. So when it came time for your bath, I had you, in your diaper, waving your arms as if conducting a big-haired orchestra while I hummed "The Final Countdown." This got your mom and I so tickled that we could barely stand up straight. And just when I thought you were about to get annoyed, your mouth curved into a big grin.

Your mom's comment was this:
"Doesn't that just make your entire day?"
It did.

You may have just coincidentally had gas at the exact moment we had our fit of laughter. But I like to tell myself you already have an ironic appreciation for awful rock from two decades ago.

Love ya!

- Dad

No comments: