Sunday, December 9, 2007

Day 49 : Christmas Shoes

Sadie -

Your mom wasn't feeling good this morning, so you and I left her at home and went to church on our own. After the service, a friend said asked if you were my first child because I seemed like a pro at doing the daddy duties you required while we were there.

I love having both of my girls around (you and your mom), but it is nice to have the occasional outing where it is just me and you!

Tonight, you, your mom and I celebrated an early Christmas with your Great Grandma Gee and Great Aunt Janie with a home-cooked meal of pork chops, mashed potatoes, stuffing and more. Of course, you slept through most of the dinner, but woke up in time to get a nice Christmas present from Aunt Janie - an adorable pair of red satin shoe/booties. Mom said she wished she had more red outfits to dress you in just so you can wear the shoes!

It has been a great weekend together!

Love ya!

- Dad

No comments: