Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Day 52 : Remembering

Sadie -

You had to go back and see the special doctor you visited when you were first born today, just so you could be checked over and it could be made sure that everything was okay.

You received a glowing report - you are in fine health and are somewhere between the 75th and 90th percentile in all major categories of growth. (This just means that you are right on track!)

Being in the halls again of the special hospital where you started your life made me remember how happy I am that you have recovered so well. This afternoon, I got lost looking for the office where you and your mom were at and I ran into one of the paramedics that transported you from the hospital where you were born to the special one where you had to stay. I could tell she didn't recognize me. I wanted to run up to her and hug her and tell her how great she is and how much I appreciated the work she did for us a mere seven weeks ago. But I didn't. Instead I smiled and waved.

I thanked God for her again today, though.

I am so glad you are SO well!

- Dad

No comments: