Monday, December 31, 2007

Day 71: Ringin' in the New Year

Sadie -

Today is New Year's Eve, meaning that tomorrow will be the first day of a new year! To celebrate, your mom dressed you up in a funny hat and took pictures of you. I told her I am afraid you'll hate us when you are older for being so silly with you while you were a baby, but I actually hope you have a good sense of humor and can appreciate the sentiment. If you don't, life may be hard on you because your mom and I are awfully silly an awful lot!

Since we are about to embark on a new year together, I have been thinking about all of the big things that are going to happen in the next year. You will learn to crawl, start learning to walk, turn one year old, start making lots of sounds and maybe say your first words. I am looking forward to all of it, but doing my best to enjoy every moment with you right now, too.

I love you so much!

- Dad

No comments: