Saturday, December 29, 2007

Day 69 : The Weight of You

Sadie -

Today was a really fun day for us as a family. We ran errands and went to stores this afternoon and your grandpa even cooked chicken on his big backyard grill for dinner (even though it was pretty cold outside!)

Your mom and I look at you often when you are resting or just hanging out with us and wonder aloud how the two of us could be responsible for something as precious as you. The gift of life is amazing and the family you are born into is one of the only choices you can't make for yourself.
Is it weird that I am already super-nervous about the weight of this responsibility? I want so badly to make sure you turn out to be the best woman you can possibly become and I am so afraid that I'll do something to screw that up. People in our culture often blame their parents for the failures they face later in life. I hope that I never give you a reason to do that.

- Dad

No comments: