Friday, November 2, 2007

Day 12 : Baby Pictures

Sadie -

Today at work, my office mates and I took part in a company lunch where we played a game involving baby pictures. Everyone brought a picture of themselves from when they were just a kid, and all the photos were put on a board and numbered. Then, everyone got a slip of paper and tried to match each baby picture with the co-worker to whom it belonged.

When I first heard we were playing this game, I thought it would be very easy. I still look very much the same as the picture that was taken on my first day of kindergarten. And there were plenty of pictures that obviously belonged to certain people. This guy I work with named Jordan still has the exact same poofy hair cut that he had when he was in elementary school. But there were also some photos that showed a child who looked nothing like the person who brought the picture does today.

This whole silly charade got me thinking about you. I am so excited to see what you look like as the days progress. Your mom mentioned tonight that she thinks you already look quite a bit different from how you looked when you first entered the world.

You were sleeping when I visited you today. So I picked you up, held you close, and studied the intricacies of your face. Will you always have chubby cheeks? Will your hair and eyes change color? Will you always yawn in such an over-dramatic and adorable way?

I am excited about living to find out all the answers to all of those questions.

The nurses say you are continuing to improve. You even ate directly from mom today! Good job! The prediction from the doctor is that you will be home with us no later than Tuesday - and maybe even by Sunday!

I can't wait!

- Dad

No comments: