Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day 25 : BodyTalk

Hey Sadie -

I read something a few months before you were born that said that once you entered this world I would suddenly start talking about your poop, pee, and snot. I thought this wouldn't happen - but I was wrong!

You are still fighting this cold and it is becoming a bit of an obsession for me to monitor your progress. I carefully calculate how much snot I pull out of your nose before feeding times and I cringe every time I see the crust around your eyelids after a long sleep.

I never thought I'd be one of those dads who says his daughter's diapering and drool doesn't gross him out, but that is just what I've become. Maybe I am okay with it just because I am so thankful to have you home...

I promise that when the time comes I'll back off your bowel movements and nasal drips and give you the privacy you need!

I love you more than you can comprehend.

- Dad

1 comment:

Holly said...

ummm...that's won't be for awhile. I'm amazed at how much we're still talking about poop. Snot talk has actually increased. Gross!