Friday, November 23, 2007

Day 33 : Shop, Drop, & Roll

Sadie -

You, your mom, your Aunt Amy and I braved Black Friday crowds this morning (well, later this morning... we weren't among the crazies who went to Kohls at 4 AM) to help your mom do some post-pregnancy, non-maternity clothes shopping. I put you in a "baby backpack" of sorts (called a "Snuglie"), and you slept soundly for a few hours pressed up against me, listening to my heartbeat. It was really fun to watch people try to sneak a peek at your beautiful, snoozing face! I even talked to a few strangers who were curious about you and wanted to tell me how small and cute you were.

As if that was not enough fun for one day, you had a pediatricians visit this afternoon. You got a shot in the leg and I snuggled with you intensely as you cried out the shock and pain of getting stuck by a needle without warning.

Then, you and I tricked your mom by telling her we were going to Grandma's house for dinner. In actuality, you went to Grandma's house and your mom and I went on our first date since you have been home with us. It was a lot of fun, but your mom missed you so much, that she had to call and check on you after an hour of being away.

Now, after your huge day, you are very tired. Sleep soundly, baby doll. Tomorrow is another fun day in our long weekend!

- Dad

No comments: