Monday, November 5, 2007

Day 15 : House and Home

Sadie -

Welcome home! We celebrated your two-week birthday today by packing up your things at the hospital nursery, loading you into the back of the Vue, and bringing you to the apartment in the suburbs of Louisville, Kentucky where you now lay fast asleep just a few dozen feet from where I am typing this.

Today has been a great day - and a big day - for all of us.

Your mom and I have barely been able to contain our excitement about your arrival home. I dropped you and your mom off at the apartment at 1:30 this afternoon, and within five minutes, I'd text messaged five or six of your "Aunts" and "Uncles" all around the country to start spreading the good news. Your mom sent out an email about your change of location, too, and people all over the place celebrated by sending congratulations, exultation and prayers out.

Of course, this evening was filled by visits from your Eichenberger Grandparents and your Aunt Amy, Uncle Steve, and Cousin Jasmine. Jasmine was so concerned (in her own 3-year-old way)every time you cried, that she would try to give you a stuffed animal or show you her new puppet to try to calm you down.

After everyone else left, you and your mom and I lounged on the couch and watched some TV. You dozed off asleep in my arms and I soon put you in your crib, where you are currently snoozing. While I held you tonight, your mom kept asking me if I needed pillows to prop you on. I told her "no." I am sure that later I will have tired arms and will want support, but right now I am too busy treasuring the joy of holding you close to worry about sore body.

Sleep soundly and peacefully, and - once again -

WELCOME HOME!

-Dad

No comments: