Monday, November 12, 2007

Day 22 : Country Tis of Thee

Sadie –

You sure are getting initiated in to the less-than-pleasant aspects of life early! Your first two weeks were spent at the hospital; this past weekend you struggled with annoying gas pains; and now you have a cold.
This is frustrating because your mom and I spent all weekend trying to keep you from getting a cold. We kept you in the house, made sure things were sanitized – but (as more experienced parents know) we can’t protect you from everything. So you’ve spent the last 24 hours sneezing and getting frustrated at your own sniffle-y nose.

When I got home from work, your mom ran out to the store and I fed you a bottle on the couch as I sang along to a Keith Urban concert special on TV. Your mom really doesn’t like Keith Urban, so I am trying to make sure I expose you to him at an early age so we can make it two-against-one. You didn’t seem too impressed with him either - but I am going to blame that on the cold!

Get well soon! We hate seeing our little girl not feeling good…

- Dad

No comments: