Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Day 37 : Growing

Sadie -

I was late getting home tonight because I went to a funeral visitation after work. An old childhood friend of mine lost his dad last week, and I went by to see him and his family in this hard time.

As sad as the atmosphere was, people couldn't help but smile when they asked about you. I, of course, had a picture to flash in front of everyone who wanted to see it (and even some who didn't!)

It was a weird experience because I hadn't seen many of these people since I was a kid myself, and here I was showing off a picture of my child.

My friend's mother had this to say: "Just wait until your kid and all the kids she grew up with become adults and start having children...THAT'S weird!"

Don't grow up too fast, babydoll.

- Dad

No comments: