Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Day 17 : Picture Perfect

S.R. -

While you were struggling with me over your sponge bath last night, I made sure your mom snapped a few pictures on my phone. Sure, it might sound a little cruel, but how else was I going to be able to show a bunch of relative strangers at work today how cute you are. The security guard in my office building says that she can already tell you are going to look like me. Don't worry - that is just something people say when they have random baby photos shoved in their face without warning.

You spent some of this afternoon over at your Aunt Amy's house with mom, Amy and cousin Jasmine. Your mom says she has never seen your cousin be so concerned and behaved on someone else's behalf. In fact, while you were sleeping, she kept telling your Uncle Steve to "shhhh!" so he wouldn't wake you. I think you and Jasmine will be good friends!

Our friend Merrin came by before dinner and held you for the first time. She couldn't quit talking about how cute you are, and she brought you a bag full of goodies - socks, books and a much-needed extra crib sheet.

I just fed you a bottle and put you down for the night. Sleep well, and I'll come cuddle with you before I leave for work in the morning. I can't wait for the weekend to get here so I can spend all day with you!

Love for always.

- Dad

No comments: