Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Day 16 : Naked

Sadie -

So there is one thing I've learned in the last 24 hours. You hate being cold.

I changed your diaper at 3 AM last night and you waited until I had it off and then peed right through your sleeper and your blanket.

I changed your diaper tonight and you waited until I had it all the way off and then you pooed all over the changing table.

Just a few minutes ago, your mom and I gave you a sponge bath and you quite loudly made it known that you were not a fan of the process.

But none of that makes me angry. I don't like being cold either, and left to my own devices, my first reaction might be to use the bathroom all over whoever was making me cold, too.

When I got home from work, your mom ran to Target to get you a special sleeping sack to keep you warm tonight. The nurses in the hospital swaddled you so much, you have trouble knowing what to do with your arms when you are not wrapped up, which makes sleeping a little difficult. So this garment should help with all that. You are wrapped in it and laying on my lap right now, in fact.

And you just passed a very loud amount of gas...

I don't think the party is over yet...

- Dad

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to Fatherhood Brian. You have now officially been initiated with the small wonders of changing diapers and the special moments they bring! :) We are so glad you are home Sadie! Have fun loving on her mom and dad!

Holly said...

Way to go Sadie! Those super bursts of gas & poop go away in time & your parents will miss the hilarity of it.

I pooped and peed like that with my Dad too. He didn't REALLY mind.

-Ivy